Friday 8 August 2014

Friday Focus : Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad

If you are following up with fashion trends and you have a pair of pinpoint eyes to catch the most hit fashion icons, you must know of The Blonde Salad - Chiara Ferragni, who was born in Cremona, Italy and currently lives in Milan.

“I came up with the name 'Blonde Salad' because I wanted something that represented me. At the time I was even blonder, like blonde blonde. And I wanted my blog to be a mixture of everything, like a salad: fashion, lifestyle, my travels, my friends, all of my experiences”.  She started her personal blog The Blonde Salad in October 2009 when she was blogging on sites with Loobook.nu and Flickr. All of those precious experiences won her the first troop of fans and her blog was expected to be successful as it truly is nowadays. She started the blog all on her own in the beginning, and she still insists on posting pictures on a daily base, usually before bed or early in the morning, as she said “it’s very personal, so no one else can do it for me”.
Italian girls don’t wear too much makeup as we all know. Chiara Ferragni is always a big fan for beauty but her makeup looks have usually been real natural and light. She loves the cat-eye look, with a little mascara. Right now, she uses Clarins 3-Dot Liner, with nothing on the bottom lash line. In terms of mascara, Sublime de Chanel Waterproof  Mascara in Deep Black is her favorite. She has little trick for skin care: Innisfree It’s Real Soya Milk masks. She does masks twice a week before sleep and she told her fans that there is no other products have ever moisturized her face so much. “When I was younger, I was like, ‘Oh, I want to be blonder. I want to wear more makeup.’ But the more I grow up, the more I want to simplify. When I see the first photos of The Blonde Salad, I say, ‘Oh my god. I was so blonde!’ It doesn’t look good. Right now, I could never have that hair. Now, I really like it this way because it’s natural, it’s simple”. She still likes Shu Uemura oil, and recently she tried Redken oil, after she did a collaboration with them, and she really saw a difference. Besides from those, she just keeps it as simple as possible.
The Blonde Salad blog became successful fairly quick after its launch. According to Chiara, the site receives over 110,000 hits daily. Ferragni used the success of the blog to partner with various fashion and beauty brands on products, such as a shoe line in collaboration with Louis Vuitton, Ermenegildo Zegna and Mango, and events with companies like Christian Dior.


Visit her website for more “fashion salad” recipes - http://www.theblondesalad.com

Who are your favourites fashion bloggers?




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig